Sunday, January 27, 2013

Asteroids crash!

We do a lot of talking about asteroids in our house... Having an almost eight year old who is extremely scientifically minded helps quite a bit. One night my daughter, two, and I had a conversation about dinosaurs. It went something like this:

"Mommy, where did all the dinosaurs go?"

"Well, some say it was a giant asteroid crashing into earth, others think it was a giant volcano...etc.. then.."

Quiet for a minute...

"Mommy,"

"Yes?"

"I think it was aliens. They landed in the ocean and caused these volcanoes. Then the dinosaurs went away. I think they went to the beach though, or maybe the forest."

The next day, at dinner, she insists she cannot sit still, because SHE is an asteroid.

Did you know that asteroids do not eat asparagus?
(And of course, I am now creating something out of this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment