Friday, February 11, 2011

Our NEw Space

Layers and layers of old wallpaper and boards, only to find a sketchy structure underneath... and a century worth of squirrel nests, and one not so lucky, kind of petrified, squirrel. That is what you get for chewing on wires. I can say we have truly evicted them from our house, for awhile there I was afraid they might never leave.






I am so excited I can barely stand it. The above pictures are what the room looked like before (was supposed to be an easy reno - lol) will be my new studio and craft room for the kids. This is amazing, as we have everything in the living room and kitchen since our daughter was born almost a year ago and took the space I was working in upstairs. My husband is an awesome carpenter, and this room would have been done a long time ago if it wasn't for the complete rebuild of all the walls due to rot and poor structure. Our house is almost 100 years old, and nothing is square and all the renos before this were really sloppy. THey are not now. Soon, there will be tile - and then trim and paint and we'll be off to the races. Included in this area (but not in the picture) is also a mud room complete with a closet and cubbies for all our things that have no home! I cannot wait to get the hooks off the walls and the coats and shoes into their very own home. Old houses seriously lack closets, and we currently have ONE. So Yippee, Skippee, hooray. I can't wait to move in.

2 comments:

  1. A dream studio....very lucky girl :) I love all the light you will have, sure beats working in the basement LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness! I can't wait to see it finished! :) e

    ReplyDelete