Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Book review Wednesday - JULIUS - the baby of the world

Ok, at first I have to say I was troubled by some of the language in
this book - particularly the word ' hate'... but I have to say that
now I love it. I really do. We are expecting our second child, and our
son is almost four and having a bit of a struggle with the idea of
sharing his parents with anyone. he has come up with all sorts of
plans involving rockets, fire trucks and police cars - oh yeah, and
tape. None of them violent ideas I might add, more just the relocation
of the baby once it is born in nice safe vehicles. He's being quite
crafty actually, and I should commend his creativity.

Anyway, this book is hilarious.

My little sister was born when I was four, and I remember how I felt
so distinctly, still to this day - 30 years later, that Lilly antics
just crack me up - and our son too. Warning pregnant mouse-ladies that
they will live to regret that bump under their dresses... the magic
tricks, the stories... if you have a good sense of humour, and can
remember what it was like when a new sibling came along - this is a
very funny book to read to help prepare for the inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment